This version is universal and compatible with iOS 4.3+, 5 and 6, and will run on iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and 5, iPod Touch and on all iPads.
|$ 2.99||Connector for OS X
This is a Mac OS X required component. It supports OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion
NumPad Remote transforms your iPhone, iPod Touch or even your iPad into a wireless numeric pad for your Mac OS X computer. Very handy for laptops or those with bluetooth wireless keyboard. No need for USB cables on your desk, NumPad Remote connects using your local WiFi network without any configuring and discovers computers automatically (Zeroconf, Bonjour).
To connect to a Mac you need a free Connector app available for download at top of this page. Connector is a small application and a required component sitting distraction-free in your menubar. Connector 2 is no longer available throught Mac AppStore since there are restrictions rendering this application unusable. And in case you are running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher you will need to allow applications from Identified Developers in System Preferences as you can see on this screenshot.
In case you’re not on your own network and you’re using Internet Tethering through your iOS device, you will be able to connect using also Bluetooth, WiFi or USB cable.
- Connects using your WiFi connection (no cables required)
- When using Personal Hotspot (or Internet Sharing) it can connect using Bluetooth, USB cable and even your own WiFi
- Automatically discovering computers in your local network with no setup required
- Comes with connection manager in case you have more than 1 computer. You can even connect to computers outside your local network.
- Universal application, pay once and use on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
- Includes configurable special key that could act as Escape, Backspace or Delete
- Configurable number delimiter: Period, Comma
- Configurable key layout style: Calculator, Dial pad
- Use it in upside down orientation so your USB cable won’t go in your way while charging
- Audio or vibration feedback for key press
- You don’t need to turn on ScreenSharing as with other apps and risk somebody in your network will see your desktop
- All connections are safe and authenticated by you, so nobody else takeovers your keypad