This version is universal and compatible with iOS 4.3+, 5 and 6, and will run on iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and 5, iPod Touch and on all iPads.
Lua Console is a great education tool, great tool for developers who might want to try their Lua code while on the go. Lua Console can be used also as a powerful scientific calculator. More information about Lua including documentation can be found at www.lua.org
Lua ( /?lu?.?/ loo-?; from Portuguese: lua meaning “moon”) is a lightweight multi-paradigm programming language designed as a scripting language with extensible semantics as a primary goal.
- With Lua Console you will get a shell console capable of running Lua scripts
- Interactive shell that accepts Lua commands one at a time
- Create and run your custom Lua scripts in console
- Console offers command completion and customized keyboard shelf for faster typing on mobile device
- Multithreaded design so you can run multiple Lua scripts at once in separate threads (Lua Console also provides simple mutex protection functions if you plan to use shared resources)
- All basic libraries are available: base, io, math, string, table, debug, mutex
- Powerful scientific calculator with custom defined variables, functions, loops, etc.
- As of version 1.0.1 you can transfer Lua source code to your device using function below. Prior to that simply Copy to clipboard your source code from Mail, website or any other application:
Lua was created in 1993 by Roberto Ierusalimschy, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo, and Waldemar Celes, members of the Computer Graphics Technology Group (Tecgraf) at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil.