Remote Control Pro
|Remote Control Pro
This version is universal and compatible with iOS 4.3+ up to iOS 7, and will run on iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 and 5s/c, iPod Touch and on all iPads.
|$ 2.99||Connector for OS X
This is a Mac OS X required component. It supports OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.9 Mavericks
Remote Control Pro transforms your iPhone, iPod Touch or even your iPad into a wireless trackpad with real keyboard and numeric keypad for your Mac OS X computer. Very handy for remote controlling your MacMini multimedia center or any other Mac. Or did your bluetooth mouse or keyboard run out of power and you can’t control your computer until the batteries are charged? You’re covered. No need for USB cables on your desk, Remote Control Pro connects using your local WiFi network without any configuring and discovers computers automatically (Zeroconf, Bonjour).
To connect to a Mac you need a free Connector app available for download at top of this page. Connector is a small application and a required component sitting distraction-free in your menubar. Connector 2 is no longer available throught Mac AppStore since there are restrictions rendering this application unusable. And in case you are running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher you will need to allow applications from Identified Developers in System Preferences as you can see on this screenshot.
In case you’re not on your own network and you’re using Internet Tethering through your iOS device, you will be able to connect using also Bluetooth, WiFi or USB cable.
- Use trackpad in both portrait and landscape orientations (keyboard is better in landscape)
- Use gestures as you would on a laptop trackpad including mouse movement, left/right button clicking, double-click, scrolling with two fingers and mouse dragging
- Includes real hardware keyboard with full layout and all key modifiers (Fn, Ctrl, Option and Command)
- For conveniencie special numeric keypad is included as well
- Keys will repeat when hold as on physical keyboards
- Audio or vibration feedback for key press
- Connects using your WiFi connection (no cables required)
- Automatically discovering computers in your local WiFi network with no setup required
- Comes with connection manager in case you have more than 1 computer. You can even connect to computers outside your local network.
- Universal application, pay once and use on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
- You don’t need to turn on ScreenSharing as with other apps and risk somebody in your network will see your desktop
- All connections are safe and authenticated by you, so nobody else takeovers your computer